Eleven little things

No mês passado, a talentosa e amorosa Jessica do blogue Look Closer atribuiu-me um Liebster award, o que significa que devo responder a onze perguntas feitas por ela e partilhar onze coisas sobre a minha pessoa. Por razões práticas, escrevi tudo em inglês (se quiserem que eu traduza para português, é só dizerem). Aqui vai!

Last month, the talented and lovely Jessica from Look Closer nominated me for a Liebster award, which means I must answer eleven questions made by her and share eleven things about myself. For practical reasons, I wrote it all in english. Here goes!   

Untitled
Taken with a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 using Kodak Ultramax 400iso

  1. What photographic camera do you use? My analog cameras are a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 (the one I use the most), a Canon EOS 500N and a Rolleicord VB (my most recent crush!). For my digital photos I use a Panasonic Lumix FZ45.
  2. Favorite model? I really like girls who look confident and cool, and since I can't pick one I must say Freja Beha Erichsen, Sara Blomqvist, Karmen Pedaru and Joan Smalls.
  3. Favorite International Photographer and National Photographer? This is tricky, because even though I'm becoming more and more passionate about taking photos, I find that I prefer to look at photos taken by amateur photographers that just snap images of their daily lives, so I don't have that many names that I can reference as this or that major photographer. But I'm currently in love with Vivian Maier (go and check it out, it's worth it!).
  4. What time of photography do you prefer? Whenever I'm out with a camera in my hand (as you can see, I ponder so much on the important side of things). This is why sometimes I make stupid mistakes, I click before I think.
  5. Do you like to take pictures or that people take pictures of you? I hate having my picture taken, 'cause I often look quite stupid, so yeah I much rather just take pictures.
  6. If you were a celebrity, who would you be? Oh my, I would love to be Frida Kahlo (not the most pain-free kind of life, but she was so interesting that I'll take my chances).
  7. High-Fashion or Weird-Fashion? High-Fashion.
  8. Favorite clothe store? I'm really not an avid shopper and the proof is that I can't even remember the last time I bought a piece of clothing. That being said I once got into an Anthropologie store in London (after being constantly amazed by their online store and catalogs) and could have stayed there forever.
  9. Best shoe brand? I really don't know. I'm the kind of person that's happy wearing beaten up Converse sneakers almost every day (clearly the fashion expert I am).
  10. Favorite place ever? I have to say a beach house in Mozambique where I spent the best vacation ever when I was a teenager. Two weeks of pure bliss. We would spend the days swimming in the sea, watching sunsets on the terrace, playing guitar and singing. 
  11. Where do you see yourself having a big house? I don't know, I think I haven't found a place that appealed that much to me that I would say: "One day, I want to have a big house right here!". I know I would love to be somewhere close to water and surrounded by nature.

  1. I love to sing, but was always too self-conscious to pursue it as a career.
  2. I hate to throw away stuff that still works, and that's the story of how I've been using the same computer for over 10 years (and I think about destroying it with a hammer every single day).
  3. I'm messy and I hate cleaning, so let's just say my bedroom isn't fit for people that are very organized and/or have allergies and/or have asthma (and these are all characteristics of a very dear friend of mine who, fortunately for her, hasn't been in my room in years).
  4. I don't like people with bad manners. The words "please" and "thank you" will take you far, trust me.
  5. My guitar has been abandoned in a corner for years, but last week I decided to start playing again (I was never the most amazing of guitar players, so it's been a slow start).
  6. I love to travel! I could do it every month, if I had the money for it.
  7. I love to listen to my dad's old jazz records, especially when I'm cooking.
  8. Dancing makes me extremely happy. And when I do it to the sound of Bruce Springsteen, I'm even happier.
  9. I'm lazy. It's the sad truth.
  10. Sometimes, when I'm in a conversation with someone, I tend to start thinking about many other things, and that's how I end up forgetting a lot of important stuff. Ask my friends if they're not tired of having to repeat the same things to me over and over again.
  11. I love fog and thunderstorms. 

Comments

  1. Lovely!! Ja conhecia a historia da Vivian.. muito fascinante. :P Adorei! Kiss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Obrigada pelo comentário! Thanks for your comment!

Popular Posts